Stylish Mini Hi-Fi with DAB+ Adds to the Joy of Listening
You’ll never be short of something to listen to with this sleek mini-system fr om Onkyo. For starters, the top-loading dock f or iPhone 5 plays locally stored MP3s and AAC files along with y our desired cloud ser vice selections. Legacy iPhones and iP ods, other compatible smartphones and tablets, and flash memor y drives filled with music are connected via the dir ect-digital-capable USB port. There’s a DAB/DAB+ tuner offering a wide variety of content—with 40 pr esets for your favorite stations—plus a handy FM tuner. Rounding out the package is a smooth tra y-type CD player (which also handles MP3-encoded discs), and an analog input f or other media players. Once you’re cued up, get ready for a pleasant surprise: rather than the m uffled, flat reproduction you expect from some all-inone dock systems, the CS-255DAB projects well-separated stereo sound across a wide soundstage, with punchy bass, lively dynamics, and plenty of detail right across the audio spectrum. This is thanks to the efficient digital amplifier and solid boo kshelf speakers, which, like the stylish receiver, show the world that you’re serious about sound.
CR-255DAB CD Receiver Amplifier/CD Player Features
• 15 W/Ch (6 Ω, 1 kHz, 10% THD, 2 Channels Driven, IEC)
• Efficient Digital Amplifier for Clear, Powerful Stereo Sound
• Plays Audio CD, CD-R, CD-RW, and MP3-Encoded CD*
• Front-Panel USB Port for Legacy iPod/iPhone, Smartphones, and Flash Memory Devices
• Super Bass Function
• 3 Play Modes for CD (Normal/Random/Repeat)
• 2 Repeat Modes for CD (Disc/Track)
• Analog Audio Input for Media Player Connection
• Headphone Jack
• Tone Control (Bass/Treble)
*Discs should be properly finalized.
iPod/iPhone Charging Dock Features
• Charging Dock with Lightning Connector for iPhone 5/iPod touch (5G)/iPod nano (7G)
• Direct-Digital Connection for Clearer Sound
• iPod/iPhone Control with Supplied Remote Controller
• iPod/iPhone Auto Selector, Play Timer, and Sleep Timer
USB Connection Features
• Recharges iPod/iPhone
• iPod/iPhone Control with Supplied Remote Controller
• Compatible Models: iPhone, iPhone (3G, 3GS, 4, 4S), iPod touch (1G, 2G, 3G, 4G), iPod classic (6G), and iPod nano (2G, 3G, 4G, 5G, 6G)
• Plays MP3 Audio Files Stored on Flash Memory Devices and USB-Compatible Smartphones/Tablets
• DAB/DAB+ Tuner with 40 Station Presets
• FM Tuning with 30 Presets
• RDS (PS/RT)
• Program Timer (Everyday)
• Sleep Timer
• Display Dimmer (Normal/Dim)
• Battery-Free Memory Backup
• Full-Function Remote Controller D-T15 Two-Way Bass Reflex Speakers
• 10 cm Cone Woofer
• 2.0 cm Balanced-Dome Tweeter
• Non-Parallel Sides to Prevent Internal Standing Waves
• Solid Construction, Fit, and Color-Matched Finish
• Magnetically Shielded to Prevent Interference
• Impedance: 6 Ω
• Max. Input Power: 30 W
• Frequency Response: 55 Hz–50 kHz
Direct Digital Charging Dock for iPhone 5
Dock your iPhone 5, iPod touch (5G), or iPod nano (7G) via the Lightning Connector and recharge the device while you
listen. The receiver automatically detects your device, selects dock input, and allows you to use the system remote to
navigate to your desired track. Audio signals are transported in pure digital form—bypassing the docked device’s analog conversion and gain circuits—for noticeably clearer, deeper, and more realistic sound.
Connect, Charge, and Play via USB
Users of legacy iPhone and iPod models can link up in moments via the front-panel charging USB port, which also enables direct-digital audio transfer on these devices. If your smartphone or tablet features a mini-USB port, you
can quickly access the MP3 files stored on the device. You can also plug in a flash memory drive and use the system
remote to select an MP3 library—no hassle, and no fuss.
Content to Suit All Tastes with DAB+
Digital radio is one of the best sources of free, high-quality home entertainment. Whether you like music, talkback,
comedy, or current affairs, the included DAB/DAB+ tuner opens up a diverse menu of programming to browse. Rather
than being afraid to touch the dial in case you lose the original station, changing channels is now a matter of making
a selection from the 40-preset memory. Furthermore, digital radio delivers sound quality that’s as good—and in most
cases, better—than traditional FM broadcasts, while being less susceptible to environmental interference.
Clean and Efficient Digital Amplifier
As well as being more energy-efficient than Class AB designs, digital amplifiers are capable of producing remarkably clean, detailed sound. Onkyo’s low-noise circuit topology reduces distortion across a wide frequency bandwidth, resolving new layers of depth and detail in your favorite recordings.
Compact Yet Solid Two-Way Speakers
The CS-255DAB includes a pair of two-way bass-reflextype speakers that incorporate a 10 cm woofer and a 2 cm
balanced-dome tweeter. The cabinets feature rounded edges and a front-to-rear taper that helps reduce internal standing waves—an unwanted acoustic resonance that can muddy the sound. Compact in size yet surprisingly robust, these magnetically shielded speakers fit comfortably and sound great almost anywhere you choose to place them.
Super Bass Function
Sometimes the music calls for a little extra bass punch. The two-mode Super Bass function on the CS-255DAB gives a
welcome boost to the low-frequency band, adding just the right amount of heft to bass guitar and kick drum without
sounding distorted, harsh, or boomy.
Smooth Front-Loading CD Player
While there is no shortage of weird and wonderful CDloading designs available, the novelty wears off after yet
another scratched disc. The traditional front-loading CD player remains the simplest and safest way to enjoy your
disc-based media. The CS-255DAB incorporates a smooth front-loading mechanism, while track- or album-repeat
modes—plus a random playback option—offer greater flexibility. And it’ll even play your homemade mixes and
MP3-encoded compilation discs without any bother.
FM Tuner with 30-Station Preset
Browse up to 30 preset radio stations—complete with station information in those areas supporting RDS
broadcasts—at the touch of a button. Once you’ve got your favorites programmed in, you can find content you want
quickly and easily.
ONKYO CS-255DAB datasheet EN